Nootropics include supplements that have a beneficial effect on brain function in healthy people. For me, that opened a world of possibilities for improving brain health.
Ever wonder, “Dang, what happened to my brain?”
You aren’t alone. Studies suggest people experiencing this type of brain fog may be deficient in essential vitamins and nutrients that play a supportive role in cognitive health. Further studies have illustrated these nutrients' vital role in cellular activity, which is necessary to maintain optimal cognitive function.
We know stress can put a strain on the body. But did you know chronic stress can impact your brain, altering your memory and functional speed? Some nootropics contain ingredients that are considered adaptogens, meaning they may help support how your body copes with stress and, in turn, improve brain function.
I don’t buy into “normal aging.” Regardless of my age, I need to be at peak performance to keep up with my kids and grandkids. I was so excited to find a way to use nutrients to roll back the ravages of time (and epigenetic influence) when I was introduced to nootropics!
So, what are nootropics exactly?
Nootropics are nutrients that support focus, mental energy, problem-solving skills, and overall brain health.
Types of Natural Nootropics
Neurotransmitter enhancers – These nootropics increase the activity of brain chemicals responsible for maintaining mental sharpness. An example of a neurotransmitter is acetylcholine, a common neurotransmitter connecting the central nervous system with the peripheral nervous system, supporting motor neurons in their work (including everything from blinking your eyes to stomach movements). Nootropics that support the health of these neurotransmitters are:
- Vasodilators: May boost blood flow to the brain by widening the blood vessels. Leafy greens like spinach and collard greens are high in nitrates, which your body converts into nitric oxide, a potent vasodilator. Studies have shown ingesting 1,000 mg of pomegranate extract 30 minutes before working out increased blood flow, blood vessel diameter, and exercise performance.
- Antioxidants: Xanthohumol, PQQ, and Resveratrol are unique antioxidants in HapiHumol™. May support preserving and protecting brain cells from the damage caused by free radicals roaming in the body.
1. Improved focus and alertness
2. Support cognitive function
4. Support verbal recall and analytical thinking
5. Tap into creativity
6. Reduce stress
7. Boost mental energy
Then consider giving nootropics a try in our Amped coffee (including our blend for Canadians!) and HapiCaps®.